This policy sets out our obligations regarding the collection, processing, transfer, storage and disposal of your personal data. This policy applies to our website, our booking system and any information you provide to us as students or as clients during consultation when you access our services.
This policy will be updated from time to time as and when we update our systems or need to update our policy to comply with current legislation.
When you provide data to us you do so voluntarily and agree to the use of your data as set out in this policy.
Information we may collect from you
- For email subscriptions we will collect only a name and an email address.
- For email enquiries we will collect a name, email address, telephone number and information relating to your enquiry.
- For therapy/coaching bookings we will collect your name, telephone number and email address.
- For course/workshop/retreat bookings we will collect your name, address, telephone number, email address, date of birth, any information you share regarding previous courses/qualifications and information you share about any learning needs or dietary requirements you may have.
- Upon consultation for therapies/coaching we will collect the same data as for course bookings and will also ask you to provide information relating to your health, any medical conditions, allergies, information about your lifestyle, professional & personal interests and general wellbeing.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. Any information you provide to us is treated confidentially, we will never sell, rent or share your information to third parties for marketing purposes. Your data will only be shared with any third parties if we are required to do so by law.
Your data may at times be shared to trusted partners if we need them to provide services which we cannot provide in house such as IT support. We only employ partners to provide such services if we are confident that they will also abide by the requirements of the Data Protection Act and we will only share any data that is absolutely necessary for them to provide the services they are employed for.
All paper data, such as consultation forms are stored in a locked cabinet. Any digital data is stored on our secure data systems and all data requires passwords in order to be accessed. We do not hold any payment information, any payments made to us by credit/debit cards are done through secure payment systems which do not allow us to access your payment details.
Why we need your information
Any information we collect from you is so that we can understand your needs, provide you with the best possible services and ensure your safety in providing therapies and whilst running courses. In particular we may need your data for the following reasons:-
- Client/student record management.
- To provide follow up care/contact with our clients/students after treatments or courses.
- To contact you about appointments or course bookings if necessary.
- To notify you of any changes to our services.
- To respond to enquiries and questions about our services by email, telephone, through our website or forum.
- We also may send promotional emails if we have your permission to send these. These emails may include information about our services, for example, upcoming courses, retreats, new treatments, news about our therapists, special offers, blog articles and any other information we believe may be relevant to you.
How long we hold data
We will only store data for as long as necessary for the relevant activity you have enquired about, or the services you have accessed. We are required to retain some information for 7 years to meet our insurers requirements, this information will be retained for 7 years following the last occasion on which a treatment, or service was provided. With regard to minors we are required to retain this information for 7 years after they reach the age of 18 years.
How can I unsubscribe to your newsletter & emails?
If you subscribe to our mailing list you can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link on any newsletters we send you, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are a student of Navitas Centre, you can also unsubscribe by logging onto your student area, clicking on account and change newsletter subscription to No.
The following auto emails are considered operational, and will be sent regardless of whether you have opted out of communication preferences:
- Event booking confirmation
- Event reminder
- Event after care
- Payment reminder
- Online payment receipts
- Receipts for payments made online
- Registering as a new user
- Forgot login information
- Any attended events will mean you are automatically added to the the private forum for the event attended. You can unsubscribe from each Forum / Thread at anytime by going into your forum area and clicking ‘Unsubscribe from this tread’.
Your rights under the new GDPR legislation
The new GDPR legislation has improved your rights when you have data collected by companies. We will consider any of these rights which you wish to exercise and do our best to comply.
These rights include:-
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object, and
- The right not to be subject to automated decision making including profiling
To find out more about your rights from the ICO please follow this link. https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/
If you have any concerns about the use or storage of your personal data then please contact us at email@example.com