ACCREDITED REIKI TRAINING
PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE COURSE
This course is a professional practice course that has been accredited with the UK Reiki Federation.
This course meets the requirements of the National Occupational Standards, which are required for registration with the CNHC (Complementary & Natural Healthcare Council).
Ideally, this course is for anyone wishing to practice Reiki professionally as an independent practitioner, particularly those who wish to practice in the NHS, the voluntary sector or any care giving environment.
This course is also perfect for anyone wishing to work their way towards becoming a Reiki Teacher.
The Professional Practice Course is to be completed in addition to Reiki Level 1 & 2 (this can be Western Reiki or Traditional Japanese Reiki, whichever you feel is the right path for you).
Whichever style of Reiki you practice, or wish to practice, this course will enable you to set yourself apart as a professional Reiki Practitioner.
Training under this course will comprise of:-
– Total training of 140 hours over a period of 9 – 12 months.
– Including, 45 hours of face to face learning with your Reiki Teacher, and 95 hours of self study.
Face to face learning will include:-
- Professional Practitioner Workshop (1 day)
- Practice Management Workshop (1 day)
- Attendance at 4 monthly Reiki shares
- Assessment and feedback (face to face with Reiki Teacher – approx. 3 hours)
- 5 supervised treatments (1 hr per treatment)
- Ongoing support via email, phone and face to face
Also required will be a portfolio recording;
- Case studies – 75 full Reiki treatments given to others, 5 of these treatments must be supervised by a competent Reiki Practitioner or Teacher (a minimum of 1 of these 5 treatments must be supervised by your Reiki Teacher).
- Ongoing personal practice – recommended minimum of 100 hours of treatments received. This can be either self-treatments or Reiki treatments received from other practitioners.
- Evidence of additional self study, including reading logs.
This Professional Practice Course is not a specific style of Reiki, but it is based upon:-
– Already having completed Reiki Level 1 & 2, or Shoden Reiki 1 & Okuden Reiki 2 as a minimum (training courses must have included face-to-face personal attunements with your Reiki Master Teacher).
– Meeting the minimum standards as specified in the National Occupational Standards set out by the Reiki Council.
– Ongoing personal practice, i.e. self treatments or receiving Reiki treatments from others
How will I be assessed?
Students will be required to provide a portfolio of all their work, including records of the 75 case studies, 100 self-treatments, evidence of self-study and records of attendance at workshops and Reiki shares.
What will I be assessed on?
Students will be assessed by observations, practical assessments by qualified Reiki Practitioners/ Teachers, case studies, treatment records, self treatment logs and journals, logs and notes on additional reading and self study, verbal questions and assessments and client testimonials.
Is this an accredited course?
Yes. Completion of Reiki Level 1 & 2, or Shoden Reiki 1 & Okuden Reiki 2 together with completion of the Professional Practice Course is accredited by the Reiki Federation.